A paraoptometric is a member of the office support staff for optometric doctors. Opticians, optical technicians, insurance clerks, clerical staff, personal assistants, receptionists are all considered paraoptometrics.
- Improve the care of optometric patients in the state of Missouri.
- Continue self-improvement through study and association with peers.
- Support the recognition of paraoptometrics in the field of optometry.
In addition to the benefits of personal growth through peer networking and support, members of the Paraoptometric section of MOA have access to courses that provide CE credits and opportunites to be ABO and/or CPO Certified. MOA paraoptrometrics have the opportunity to gain knowledge in their chosen field, improved job skills, and increase their value as employees. More importantly, members of the MOA Paraoptometric Society take pride in their own personal growth!
The camaraderie with fellow members enables paraoptometrics to enjoy the association with people who know from personal experience what happens each day on the job. That understanding also provides a support group which can offer valuable suggestions as professional dilemmas may arise.
Paraoptometrics are a valuable part of the optometric field, and by joining the Paraoptometric section of MOA you’ll see just how valuable your skills are! Now as a member of the MOA paraoptometric section, you have online access to six editions of the MOA Vision newsletter which provides updates of the organization’s activities. You may view the online member Directory with password access from your doctor or calling the MOA office.
You may participate in each level of the Paraoptometric Association, from general membership to para office holder, depending on your degree of interest, plus you will have the opportunity to attend the Missouri Optometric Association Convention which is held each October with additional fees for attendence (classes included) and extracurricular activities.
Yearly membership fees are as follows:
- $40 for 1 Para/private pay or office paid
- $80 per office location/2 Paras only
- $100 per office location/3 or more Para
Benefits of Membership
The MOA provides Paraoptometric members opportunities for personal growth and to relate to their peers.
Missouri Optometric Association
- Networking professional issues and areas of interest with peers, a valuable support group
- Professional relationship with local and state paraoptometrics
- Opportunity to participate in each level of the Para Section, from general membership
to Para officer
- A voice in determining association paraoptometric policy
- Free access to the MOA’s VISION for current issues, information and events
- Professional resources for practice operations
- Preferred pricing on MOA sponsored meeting and the annual fall conference
- Continuing education to strengthen clinical and office skills
- Opportunity to be ABO and/or CPO certified and grow professionally
- Opportunity to be honored by the association as the MOA’s Paraoptometric of the Year
American Optometric Association
- Continuing education
- AOA Paraoptometric Certification Program
- Provides educational material for personal growth
- Resources for practice management and daily operation questions
- Enhancement of your public image
- National networking opportunities